Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Okkevil River RIP video- watch/listen

NPR Music recently premiered the epic, moving video for “Okkervil River R.I.P.”, written and directed by, and starring Will Sheff, along with acclaimed actor Tim Blake Nelson (O’ Brother Where Art Thou, Lincoln).
 
“Okkervil River R.I.P.” opens the upcoming album Away, out September 9 via ATO, and sets the tone for what Sheff sees as a turning point for his long-running indie-folk project. He says of the album: “Eventually, I realized I was writing a death story for a part of my life that had, buried inside of it, a path I could follow that might let me go somewhere new.”
Watch it at NPR, and pre-order Away now from B&T.
 
David Dye of the World Cafe called the track: “a gorgeous… song about soul-searching, finding the strength one needs to carry on in the face of adversity and finding solace in the ones we love.”
Okkervil River kicked off a series of underplays last month, in Portland, ME on July 14th. They played a sold out show at National Sawdust in NYC on July 20th, followed by a world tour upon the albums release in September.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment